Mission 2 – Activity
Plan and run an activity (not a game) with the section you are volunteering with.’
Adult leaders are here to help you with your planning and whilst running the activity. They are still responsible for everyone at the meeting, so you’ll have to show them what you are planning to do before you begin.
The activities should include:
- planning and organisation
- gathering any equipment or materials needed.
To complete this mission, you could:
- choose an activity badge to run as part of the programme, providing all of the information and materials required for the section to achieve this.
- run a segment of the camp programme, such as a pioneering activity or obstacle course. ESYLs could also plan the route for a hike, initiate some team challenges, or organise and lead a campfire
- record how your section’s programme activities count towards different badges and awards
- run an activity for the section, relating to one of your own hobbies or interests
- any other ideas, subject to agreement with the ESLYL and SL
Consider the following questions:
- Can all members of the section take part? Is there anything you need to consider or do differently to ensure that all young people can fully participate?
- What risks do your activities present? What controls or rules do you need to put in place? (Module A)
- Do you need a qualified instructor to supervise your activity? (Module G)
- What equipment do you need? (Module G)